Monday, April 21, 2008

I Should Have Known...

from this picture, just what to expect...

Look at her. This is FDPG as a 16 month old. Look at that purposeful stride. That eagle-eyed glare. The clenched fists. I should have known, but I didn't.

In contrast, her twin brother is the figure you can see rolling around on the ground behind her (and that's me hunched in my faux fur beside him).

Now him I could read: Roll. Eat. Sleep. Laugh. Fart. Laugh. Come to think of it, he's still a lot like this. Uncomplicated. Easy to please. Quiet, even.

But FDPG...
No one could ever accuse her of being quiet. She takes a deep breath when she wakes up, starts talking, and never stops until she falls asleep at night. In between she's reading, thinking, acting, jumping, twitching, shouting, shrieking, writing, and telling everyone what to do. It's probably a good thing none of us knew what to expect or we all would have run screaming for the hills.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Outstanding photo! It really does say it all, doesn't it?