Monday, June 13, 2011

New LEGO Designs

I call this the Steampunk Bird, but since the LEGO designer here doesn't like the term "steampunk" I never use it when he can hear me.

It's a very cool looking bird, though, isn't it? I like the fact that it has a banana as a beak.






A Doctor Who Get Away car. This was made for Silence In The Library, because it can outwit, outlast, and outrun the Vashta Nerada.

Eeks, just typing that gives me goosebumps.

Hey! Who turned out the lights?





This little number is called Mummy In The Garden. It is, apparently, me in the garden, although I never wear orange and my hands (hopefully) aren't claws.

Oh wait, I jest: I really DO have LEGO hands.













And today we just received our long-awaited order of Brick Journal magazines. There was much rejoicing in the land, lemme tell you. And there will likely be more posting on this blog as a result.


Some of the LEGO items posted in this blog series were built using this kit, this kit, other Educational LEGO kits (can't seem to find them on that site anymore but they are in the catalogue), this book and this book.

ADDED: By the way, check out this link: LEGO Nomenclature. I think we need to survey our assorted LEGO builders and build our own chart.

No comments: