Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Consider The Lunch 2

Tuesday Edition:

Okay, this one was a bit of a quickie, I admit. We had next to nothing in the house and I didn't feel like cooking anything, so I hauled out the last of the graham crackers and grabbed a few apples, chocolate chips, and dried cherries. Then I used the mini bowl on my immersion blender to purée peanut butter, bananas, and a little Golden Syrup (takes the edge off the banana for the kid who isn't nuts about bananas). Spread, chop, arrange. That mini bowl is a miracle, I tell you. It's my own personal Almost A Vitamix.

Not shown: mango smoothie. Mango juice, ice cubes, over-ripe frozen bananas in a blender.

Rating: Very good (didn't fill the teen amongst us up and required some messy grazing afterwards, which was horribly tragic, but it WAS quick and easy)

Later that afternoon I went to the store and stocked up a bit. Ahem.

2 comments:

therealkimaliczi said...

I'm right there with ya. Lunch is tedious. Thankfully, all three of mine can more or less prepare their own now - but they don't always choose the healthiest items. Besides, I feel like it's my job anyhow.

I'm up late watching the Food Network, and feeling more and more guilty by the minute, LOL!

sheila said...

Ah, I must link to the YouTube videos of Those Milkshakes, mustn't I? LOL

Don't feel guilty. Someone's got to make us look bad, right? And heck, they have to earn all those big bucks somehow, especially that guy with the weird white hair.