Monday, November 12, 2012

Beginnings & Endings

Here I am feeling all nostalgic about the end of summer and hot weather and here are these little pieces of fungi, popping out of the ground and no doubt feeling all thrilled with themselves. All the other plants are dying by the wayside, drawing themselves in for the winter, and here we have a positive metropolis of little fungi, burgeoning. Yes, burgeoning. I could have said fecund, too, but I think burgeoning is more to my liking right now.




3 comments:

Samantha said...

I had to look up the meaning of burgeoning and fecund. It's not even 6 in the morning yet, and already I've learned something. Go me! You're blog is my educational wonderland.

sheila said...

Go you! lol Isn't fecund a great word? I always feel as though I'm saying something vaguely naughty and no one knows it.

FECUNDFECUNDFECUNDFECUND!

Andrea said...

I agree, burgeoning is just better when it comes to fungi. They are amazing, aren't they! I once had 3 mushrooms burst through my paved driveway. In the middle. 3 separate spots....