Wednesday, August 29, 2007

We found this dead bird on our travels...


We found this dead bird on one of our walks. While a part of me relived the Monty Python Dead Parrot sketch, my gotta-remember-this-for-later side took some photos for Max's zoology journal. It was the most beautiful bird and try as we might we couldn't seem to find any reason for its early demise. I kept wanting to say "it is a VERY dead bird!" in my best John Cleese accent but my son would've been even more creeped out, I think. He found the body compelling but scary. Several days later we were out walking in the same general vicinity and what should we see but another Red Shafted Northern Flicker, hurtling by us at great speed. Relative? Friend? Ghost? Now we take binoculars with us, and my camera if we remember. Oh, and a bag should we meet any more dead birds.

No comments: