Sunday, April 24, 2011

Happy Easter



This such an easy way to dye eggs, other than the hours spent beforehand expelling the contents, of course. Each year I make bigger and bigger holes in each end, and each year my jaw muscles are less and less sore. Tip: make sure you pierce the yolk before you start blowing away on that egg. Your jaw will thank you.

All you need is olive oil, vinegar, and regular old food dyes. This link will give you more detailed instructions.

We saw petit fours in this month's Martha Stewart, and FDPG was enthralled, so I got out some cookbooks and made a few (hundred thousand). I see why they have somewhat fallen out of fashion with the masses: time consuming and a little too sweet on the outside. They sure are pretty though. I might see how long they will look pretty on the sideboard, just like they do with those Happy Meals...











































Now for the Egg Hunt!

No comments: