Friday, October 5, 2007

Oh what a beautiful morning....


Woke up to this lovely thing outside the kitchen door, out on the deck. The sun was just coming up, the sky was blue and clear, the mist was rising off the lake; it made all of us glad as we looked out. (I was half expecting to see Julie Andrews twirl up the hill, singing "the hills are alive")

Yes, give me a spiderweb sparkling in the sunrise anyday. Look at the perfection of that web. Look at the glint of the dew on those silvery strands. Sublime. Surreal. (cueing Julie right about now)

Put that spider in my sink, however, and that sublime, surreal experience is completely wiped out by the taste of my fillings and the feel of my sweaty palms. Oh, and the shrieks. Don't forget the shrieks. I don't do spiders very well. (Roll your eyes, Julie, roll your eyes)

No, I prefer a spider OUTSIDE my door anyday.

No comments: