Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Eating In Restaurants

I had lunch here on my birthday. I love this place, even if the hostesses are crap. The owner seems to go for the young, hip and doesn't she know it, slacker girl, and I seem to be forever waiting for them to finish their gripping "He is SO cute!" conversations with other employees. Sometimes I even say "Hello! Can I sit down or do I have to wait for you?" just to liven things up.
Fortunately I've yet to get a crap waitress. They too tend to the pierced nose, lots of black clothes grungy hair variety, but I don't care what they look like as long as they deliver the goods and don't hang around, asking inane questions like "And how's your food today?" or "Is everything okay here?" I know, I sound like a grouchy old man, but I like being left alone in restaurants; well, unless I have a problem ("Uh, Waiter? There's part of a band-aid in my soup...").

The food is pretty good. Not hugely varied, but good. But why we love going here has little to nothing to do with the food. We love the atmosphere of the place. Look at the colour of those walls! Those tablecloths! The wall decor! The cheesy red plastic water containers that I can never bring myself to drink from (a little too much on the "ewww" side)! And all those funky, pierced, black-wearing girls, slouching around too cool for school. Now THAT is what I call a fun lunch out.

No comments: