Thursday, November 20, 2008

Oh What A Beautiful Morning

This was what I saw this morning, as I shuffled into the kitchen to see if our morning latté was ready (yes, I admit it, I am a Coffee Snob - no drip for me). It was, so I picked my mug up, cradled that lovely fragrant warmth (ooh, a cute little swirl in the foam) and opened the Dutch door to see the morning. Habits. 

We live on a very open, south-facing hill, and the view is generally pretty spectacular: clouds, mountains, birds, stars. It's a Big Sky view (makes me want to burst into Kate Bush sometimes). And this morning was no exception. It was only this colour for a brief moment or two, during which I, with my handy dandy camera, inhaled that purple gorgeousness as deeply as possible.

3 comments:

Andrea said...

that is an absolutely gorgeous view... what all those non-morning people miss out on!.... well, now they can see it on your blog!

Unknown said...

That's gorgeous. And there's nothing like a morning latte. What a combination to wake up to.

sheila said...

And don't forget, you two, next time you're in my neck of the woods, you're more than welcome to drop by for a similar experience! When you can tear yourselves away from all that sun and fruit!