Monday, November 24, 2008

Sunset of My Day

I know, you can officially call this The Lazy Sheila Blog, because I am resorting to lovely nature shots instead of actual posts, but tell me, would you rather look at this beautiful, serene photograph or hear about the charming moment I had today when I realized that my 11 year old son can imitate Beavis OR Butthead with ease in public situations (and he doesn't even know who they are)? Or that FDPG eats like a hamster, shoving as much food into each cheek until she's bulging and can barely chew or breathe? Or that I suffered absolutely no shame walking into a store today and asking the clerk how much the Foxi Wheels children's bike cost?

No, of course you wouldn't. You can look at that anytime. Let's crack open a bottle of Schadenfreude. I'm telling you all this because I feel the need to share my recent bouts of public humiliation, because that, Gentle Reader, is what I'm all about.

Hic.

And just in case there is anyone out there who really would prefer to see the picture and forgo my thrills and spills, I'll tell you about it: taken from the back deck at sunset. Deepening shadows and all. Sun setting in a completely different spot tonight. Glittering lake reflecting the last rays of the sunset. As always, no flash.

Made up for all the embarrassing, slightly anguished, exasperating AND irritating moments sprinkled throughout the rest of the day.

3 comments:

Vivian Mahoney said...

I want to hear it all! Thanks for a laugh.

A toast to a wonderful Thanksgiving! Enjoy the special moments.

Anonymous said...

I am another Sheila Jones living in the Pacific NW, Corvallis,OR. to be exact. As you I am a homeschooling mom of three; all girls ranging in age from 17 to 11.

sheila said...

Vivian, thank you. Right back at you! Motherhood is sometimes such a strange place, isn't it?

Hello, other Sheila Jones! We could be on a Dr Who episode!