Monday, November 19, 2007

You'd Never Know It...



...but this little fellow, despite his cheery exterior, is a veritable gladiator of the bird world. A kamikaze aviator. The Red Baron of hummingbirds. I could go on, but hopefully you'll have got my drift by now. Heaven help you if you cross his path, or, worse yet, have the temerity to take a sip from his feeder.

There are currently 3 different hummers sharing (terrible word, really, suffering each other is more like it) this feeder. Oh, and one wasp. Why no one has thought to impale him I don't know, but this little wasp has managed to drink his way through many a day. I wish I had a picture of the wasp and the hummer sharing this feeder, but the hummer doesn't like to share pictures, either. It's either him (or her), or nothing.

And yes, I always keep this feeder filled. I wouldn't like one of these guys dive-bombing me in a fit of pique. Oh, no, no, no.

No comments: